Slack integration: monitor app activity and reply to reviews
Integration with Slack gives you a clue about what's going on with your app or mobile game. Monitor customer reviews, reply to negative and positive reviews, and track any app changes to boost your app downloads.
Track app activities using Slack. We support:
- App Store,
- Google Play,
- Microsoft Store,
- Amazon Appstore,
- Mac App Store.
How to set up
1. Click “Integrations” on the left menu and choose Slack;
2. Choose what types of notifications you want to get:
- New & updated reviews;
- Ranks history;
- Featured breakdown;
- Search Ads;
- App updates;
- App featuring;
- New Apps by Publisher;
- New Apps by Keywords;
- Smart Alerts (machine learning algorithms will check users mood and notify you if something happened).
3. Click “Add to Slack” to start receiving any of the notifications from the previous step.
- You will be redirected to the Slack page, where you need to type your Slack workplace.
- Type the workplace’s name and click “Continue”.
- Enter your email and password from the workplace and click “Sign in”.
4. Choose Slack channel where you will get THIS type of notifications:
- Click the drop-down menu “Select channel”.
- Here you can choose any existing channel or create a new one specifically for alerts and notifications.
- Click “Authorize”.
- Your Slack notification is on.
Now you will see all Slack integrations (marked with a green tick):
Adjust notifications to your needs
- App Updates
- New App by Keyword
- New Apps by Publisher
Alerts frequency (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Reviews Summary;
- Reviews Updates Summary;
- Keyword History;
- Ranks History;
- Search Ads;
- Smart Alerts.
Related to Ratings and Reviews
- If you want to get all reviews, or only good or bad ones;
- How often to be notified: real-time, once a day, a week or a month;
- Frequency of Summary reports: daily, weekly, monthly.
Here you can also test how your alerts will look like:
As soon as your app has changes, a Slack alert will let you know.
1. You can get the same notifications twice. It may happen if you have added the same notification type two or more times. Delete unnecessary integrations:
2. You receive daily sales report only the next day. Sometimes it takes more time from Google to collect this data. That’s why it may be delay with delivering sales report the same day.
Need help? Just hit the red Intercom button — we’re here for you.