Intercom Integration: get reviews and send your responses
Use AppFollow to get every user review and send a response from Intercom.
1. Open Integrations on the left menu and click "Add new integration";
2. Choose Intercom and click “Add integration”;
3. Type an email that is connected to your Intercom account. To find it go to your Intercom account and click your avatar in the lower left-hand corner;
4. Click Settings > Messages > Inbound email addresses;
5. Copy the default inbound address in the format: xxxx@your_domain.intercom-mail.com
6. Paste it into the “Intercom Email” text field in AppFollow account;
7. Choose which reviews you want to receive: all, only negative or positive ones (mark the number of stars);
8. Click “Add integration”.
The next new review you will get into your Intercom account. It will look like this:
Add auto-translation feature to get new reviews in your language.
- We mark the app store a review came from;
- Mark 'popular' reviews;
- Show full name of a device (for Google Play only);
- Define a country or a language and device language (for those cases when language of a review doesn’t match language of a device);
- Count words in a review.
Reply to reviews
If you want to reply to reviews using Intercom, set up these integrations first:
Reply via API
Alternatively you can use AppFollow API to receive reviews and reply to them. We have a list of ready-to-use methods for that.
My review wasn't published
The most common reasons are:
- Reply is longer than 350 characters. This is the limit set by Google Play for Android-reviews. For App Store maximum reply length is 5000 characters;
- Settings issue, for example, password changed in App Store Connect (ex-iTunes Connect). You need to re-login to the console and get back to reply.
Need help with settings? Hit the red Intercom button - we're here for you!