Helpshift Integration: get reviews and send your responses
Use Helpshift Integration to get Android and iOS mobile apps' reviews, Mac, Microsoft and Amazon apps and even XBox games reviews. Reply to customer reviews, especially negative feedback, using AppFollow and Helpshift.
- Open Integrations on the left menu and click "Add new integration";
- Choose Helpshift and click “Add integration”;
- Type an email from your Helpshift account. To find it go to your Helpshift > Settings;
- On the left menu scroll down to Support Settings > Email Support;
- You will see Email Support Channels. Copy the email that will be right below it and paste into the “Email” text field in AppFollow account;
- Choose which reviews you want to receive: all, only negative or positive ones (mark the number of stars);
- Click “Add integration”.
The next new review you will get into your Helpshift account. It will look like this:
Add auto-translation feature to get new reviews in your language.
You will receive reviews like this:
- We mark the app store a review came from;
- Mark 'popular' reviews;
- Show full name of a device (for Google Play only);
- Define a country or a language and device language (for those cases when language of a review doesn’t match language of a device);
- Count words in a review.
Reply to reviews
If you want to reply to reviews using Helpshift, set up these integrations first:
After that every ticket with a review will consist of a direct link. Click it to send your response.
Reply via API
Alternatively you can use AppFollow API to receive reviews and reply to them. We have a list of ready-to-use methods for that.
My review wasn't published
The most common reasons are:
- Reply is longer than 350 characters. This is the limit set by Google Play for Android-reviews. For App Store maximum reply length is 5000 characters;
- Settings issue, for example, password changed in App Store Connect (ex-iTunes Connect). You need to re-login to the console and get back to reply.
Need help with settings? Hit the red Intercom button - we're here for you!