In This Article
In AppFollow, you can add and track both your own apps and the apps of your competitors.
When you add a Competitor App to your account, you can easily aggregate all publicly sourced data about the app in one place and use it to:
- Evaluate your competitors’ ASO strategies
- Compare your competitors’ performance to your own
- Keep track of the changes your competitors implement
Competitor Apps are tracked separately from your own apps and are not counted in your account’s app limits. Instead, your subscription plan includes a separate limit for Competitor Apps. To learn more about how many Competitor Apps are included in different AppFollow plans, visit our Pricing page or reach out directly to your account manager.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add a Competitor App to your account and find out where you can track Competitor App data in AppFollow.
Add a Competitor App by Name
1. Select the Workspace where you want to add a new Competitor App from the top navigation panel in AppFollow.
2. Click "Add New" in the left-hand navigation panel
3. Select the store where you want to search for the app, or remain in the "All stores" tab to see the search results for all stores at once.
4. Type the name of the app in the search box.
5. Click "Search".
6. Browse through the results and click "+ Add as Competitor" under the app you want to start tracking.
Add a Competitor App by URL
If you couldn't find the app when searching for its name, you can add it using its URL.
- Open the app you want to track in the app store and copy its link.
- Select the Workspace where you want to add a new app from the top navigation panel in AppFollow.
- Click "Add New" in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Paste the app's URL into the search bar and click "Search".
- Click "+ Add as Competitor" next to the app you want to start tracking.
Monitor Competitor Apps
To find a list of the Competitors you’re tracking, open the My Apps page and switch to the Competitors tab.
Click on an app to open the App Overview section and see general information about the app, as well as key insights into its ASO & Search Visibility Performance. Learn more in our article about App Pages.
Competitor Apps are available on the following pages:
- Organic Traffic Dashboard (public data only)
- Keyword Intelligence (public data only)
- App Update Timeline
- Featured Timeline
- Keyword Tracking
- Keyword Spy
- Search Ads Recommendations (iOS only)
- Word Counter
- App Preview (iOS only)
To switch between your apps and Competitor Apps in AppFollow:
- Click on the app picker menu.
- In the dropdown menu, scroll down to the “Competitors” section. Competitor Apps are marked with a letter “C” icon.
- Click on the required app.