Google Play: Reply to Reviews Integration
In This Article
Set up the Reply to Reviews Integration with Google Play
To get started, you'll need to create an OAuth client ID in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
Follow these steps:
- In your AppFollow account, open the “Integrations List” page from the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click "+Add New Integration" in the top right corner of the view.
- Choose an app and click “+Add Integration” on the Google Play Console card.
- In the pop-up window, switch to the Reviews & Replies tab. You’ll be asked to enter your Client ID and Client Secret from the Google Play Console.
- To find the Client ID and Secret, open a new tab in your browser and log in to the Google Play Console.
- In the side menu, open Settings -> Developer account -> API access.
- In the OAuth Clients section, click "Create new OAuth client".
If this is your first time creating a client ID, click Consent Screen to configure your consent settings. You can learn how to configure the consent screen in this article by Google: User Consent. After you set up the consent screen once, you won't be required to configure it again.
To create a new OAuth client:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click "Create credentials" and select "OAuth Client ID" from the drop-down list.
- Select the "Desktop app" application type and fill in the name (required).
- Click "Create".
- Once the OAuth client is created, you'll get the Client ID and Client Secret in the popup window. You need to copy these credentials.
- Go back to the AppFollow Integrations List and paste the Client ID and Client Secret in the integration settings pop-up window.
- Click "Next".
- To get the authorization code, click on "Get this code here". Please use the Google developer account with the "View app information" and "Reply to reviews" permissions.
Sign in with Google and allow the permissions for the app to view and manage your Google Play Developer account.
Copy the code, go back to AppFollow and paste it into the "Enter code" field.
- Click "Add integration".
You will need to log in using the owner's Google Developer account in order to get the Client ID and Client Secret required for the integration.
Don't delete the OAuth client in Google Play Console. The integration will cease to work otherwise.
Check out the most common issues which might occur during the setup process in our guide to Troubleshooting Google Play Issues.
If you need any assistance with the setup, just hit the beacon in the bottom right corner to contact our support team.