AppFollow API: Description, Methods & Examples
In This Article
The AppFollow API helps you reply to reviews, follow keywords and ranking changes, and track app updates no matter what tools you use. The API has ready-made methods that you can use to quickly access all your data. Wherever you are, you have everything you need to grow your mobile app and get more customers.
API Base URL: https://api.appfollow.io
Message format: JSON
Request format: GET/POST
Find the instructions on how to access data using POSTMAN below.
Access the AppFollow API
1. Go to your AppFollow personal account settings and get:
- api_secret — client’s secret key
2. Choose an API method and create a request (optional: add additional parameters).
3. Add a signature to your request after the "sign" parameter.
4. You’re done!
To use the Postman API Client:
1. Create a Postman request without the "sign" parameter.
The api_secret parameter can be found in your account settings.
2. Go to the "Authorization" tab and select "Basic Auth".
3. Enter the api_secret into the "Username" field (the api_secret should be copied from your AppFollow account settings).
4. Click "Send" to process the request and receive a response from the server.
5. Configure all required endpoints in the same way. The cid and api_secret parameters of the request should be exactly the same as in your account settings. Otherwise, your request will be rejected by the server.
Other Access Methods (Creating a Signature)
A signature consists of 3 parts:
- Parameters (Name=Value): required and additional
Note: sort parameters by Name (A-Z);
Example: apps_id=, cid=, date_from= etc.
- API method (URI path)
sign = md5(cid=124ext_id=903655975/ratingsYOUR_API_SECRET)
sign = md5(apps_id=1111cid=124/ratingsYOUR_API_SECRET)
- Create a signature.
- Encode it here: http://7thspace.com/webmaster_tools/online_md5_encoder.html or here: https://www.md5online.org/md5-encrypt.html
- Insert the encoded signature into the final request.
Here's a list of all of the ready-to-use API methods you may need. You can find this list in our API Documentation.
- App Collections List
- Apps of the Collection
- Reviews Summary
- Review Reply* (required to reply to reviews)
- Review Tags Update
- Review Bug Trackers Update
- Review Notes Update
- Versions (any changes, including metadata)
- What's New (new versions)
- Keywords Edit
- ASO Keyword Research
- ASO Search
- ASO Search Ads
- ASO Trending
- ASO Reports
- ASO Reports (GDC)
- Stat Reviews
- Stat Reviews Rating
- Stat Reviews by Version
- Stat Reviews Replies
- Stat Replies Speed
- Collection Reviews
- Review Custom Status (private beta)
- Ratings Export
- Featured Reviews
- Replies Statistics
- ASO Reports Countries
- Featured Apps (for App Store)
- Public Top Charts
- Report a concern
- Downloads & Revenue
- Subscriptions Report
- Add collection (Advanced API)
- Remove collection (Advanced API)
- Add app (Advanced API)
- Remove app (Advanced API)
- Users List
- Add user (Advanced API)
- Remove user (Advanced API)
- Update user (Advanced API)
- Reviews Semantic Tags (Advanced API)
- ASO Reports (Appstore Search Ads)
We've included ready-to-use request examples in the Documentation. To start using them, just copy them to the required location.
Find response examples by opening a Method in the Documentation, and clicking on its title:
- Python: https://github.com/AppFollow/appfollow-api-python
In the case of any errors, the server response will be in JSON format, status 200 (except mistakes 502 и 504).
Error example: https://api.appfollow.io/sdsd
Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org