AppFollow API: Description, Methods & Examples
API from AppFollow helps you reply to reviews, follow keywords changes and ranking, and track apps' updates no matter what tools you use. The API has the ready-made methods to quickly access all data. Wherever you are, you have everything you need to grow your mobile app and get more customers.
API Base URL: https://api.appfollow.io
Messages' format: JSON
Requests’ format: GET/POST
Instruction on how to access data using POSTMAN is below.
Access to AppFollow API
1. Go to your personal account settings and get:
- api_secret — client’s secret key
2. Choose an API method, create a request (optional: add additional parameters).
3. Add a signature to your request after "sign" parameter.
4. You’re done now!
To use Postman API Client:
1. Create a Postman request without the 'sign' parameter.
The cid parameter can be found in your account settings.
2. Go to the tab 'Authorization' and select the type 'Basic Auth'.
3. Enter the api_secret into the 'Username' field (the api_secret should be copied from the account settings).
4. Click ‘Send’ to process the request and receive a response from the server.
5. Configure all needed endpoints in the same way. The cid and api_secret parameters of request should be exactly like in your account settings. Otherwise, your request will be rejected by the server.
Other access methods (creating a signature)
Signature consists of 3 parts:
- Parameters (Name=Value): required and additional;
Note: sort parameters by Name (A-Z);
Example: apps_id=, cid=, date_from= etc.;
- API method (URI path).
sign = md5(cid=124ext_id=903655975/ratingsYOUR_API_SECRET)
sign = md5(apps_id=1111cid=124/ratingsYOUR_API_SECRET)
API request to-do list:
- Create a signature
- Encode it here: http://7thspace.com/webmaster_tools/online_md5_encoder.html
- Insert encoded signature into the final request.
Here we gathered all ready-to-use methods you may need:
- App Collections List
- Apps of the Collection
- Reviews Summary
- Review Reply* (required to reply to reviews)
- Review Tags Update
- Review Bug Trackers Update
- Review Notes Update
- Versions (any changes, including metadata)
- What's New (new versions)
- Keywords Edit
- ASO Keyword Research
- ASO Search
- ASO Search Ads
- ASO Trending
- ASO Reports
- Stat Reviews
- Stat Reviews Rating
- Stat Reviews by Version
- Stat Reviews Replies
- Stat Replies Speed
- Collection Reviews
- Review Custom Status (private beta)
- Ratings Export
- Featured Reviews
- Replies Statistics
- ASO Reports Countries
- Featured Apps (for App Store)
- Public Top Charts
- Report a concern
- Downloads & Revenue
- Subscriptions Report
- Add collection (Advanced API)
- Remove collection (Advanced API)
- Add app (Advanced API)
- Remove app (Advanced API)
- Users List
- Add user (Advanced API)
- Remove user (Advanced API)
- Update user (Advanced API)
- Reviews Semantic Tags (Advanced API)
In the Documentation we've included request examples, you just need to copy them.
You will also find the response examples:
- Python: https://github.com/AppFollow/appfollow-api-python
In case there are any errors, server answer would be in JSON format, status 200 (except mistakes 502 и 504).
Error example: https://api.appfollow.io/sdsd