Tags and auto-tags
IN THIS ARTICLE
When working with reviews it is important to monitor the most frequent topics. With the help of tags, you can easily group reviews and get a thorough picture of your client’s feedback.
For example, you can group reviews:
- by type: feedback, bug, issue, feature request
- by emotional impact: compliment, complaint, neutral
- by product teams a review relates to: sales, UX, backend, etc.
Who can set up tags
User roles that have access to create tags and set filters for auto-tags are:
- Support manager
- Reviews manager
These roles can manage tags:
Users with any user role can assign tags to reviews.
How to set up tags
Tags could be created manually and also it is possible to set tags to be applied automatically based on the review content.
You can set a variety of tags by different topics to group the reviews.
Setting up tags
- Go to Ratings&Reviews > Tags
- Type in a tag title in the text box under the Name
- Set a color to highlight the tag. You can set a custom color or pick a random color
- Optionally add a Category to group tags. For example, by Type, Emotions, Team, etc.
- Click a green plus icon to add a new tag
- To edit click on a pen icon. Once the edit is done, click on a tick
- To remove a tag, click on a cross icon and confirm the action in a modal window
- Search tags in the list by name or category to quickly access the tag to edit
It is possible to set tags to be assigned to reviews automatically by common words or phrases.
To add a new auto-tag rule you need to set name a rule and set what tag should be assigned once a certain combination is met.
Setting up auto-tags
- Go to Ratings&Reviews > Tags > Auto-tags
- Click 'Add New Rule'
- Type in a name for the auto-tag rule
- Select condition or several conditions
- Select tag that should be assigned to the review
- Click 'Save Rule'
You can set an auto-tag rule by review text and/or review rating.
|Review text is||the review equal to the specified text|
|Review text is not||the review is not equal to the specified text|
|Review text contains*||the review contains the specified text|
|Review text doesn’t contain*||the review doesn’t contain the specified text|
|Review text starts with*||the review starts with the specified text|
|Review text ends with*||the review ends with the specified text|
|Ratings ratings =||the review rating is equal to the specified number of stars|
|Ratings ratings !=||the review rating is not equal to the specified number of stars|
|Ratings ratings <||the review rating is less then specified number of stars|
|Ratings ratings <=||the review rating is equal or less then specified number of stars|
|Ratings ratings >||the review rating is more then specified number of stars|
|Ratings ratings >=||the review rating is equal or more then specified number of stars|
How do review tags work
Once you set tags and added filters for auto-tags, you can mark reviews with the related tags on the Ratings & Reviews page.
Mark review with a tag
For each review there is a button ‘+Add tag’ and a suggestion of the most popular tags to pick.
Click on the ‘+Add tag’ button and pick the suitable tag from the modal window. You can view the list of tags in 4 or 2 columns.
Reviews containing the expressions set as a filter for the auto-tags will be marked with the related tag automatically.
By clicking a tag you will get a list of reviews marked with this tag:
It is possible to search reviews with a certain tag by search request in the format ‘tag: XXX’.
When you hit the search field, you’ll have a list of tags that you can select.
To check reviews that don’t contain a particular tag apply the search request in the format ‘notag: XXX’.
To filter all reviews with tags or without tags, apply the filter ‘By Review’.
To learn about tags chart and analysis of reviews by tags, please check out this article.