Salesforce Integration: get reviews and send your responses
IN THIS ARTICLE
Integration with Salesforce allows you to get app reviews from App Store and Google Play and reply to them from your Salesforce account.
To get the access to app reviews, you need to add the email from your Salesforce and configure your account accordingly.
On the Salesforce end
1. Go to your Salesforce account > Setup;
2. Find Email Administration -> Email to Salesforce and tick “Active” option;
3. Go to Setup > Email-to-Case;
4. Click to edit Email-to-Case settings;
5. Enable Email-to-Case and save;
6. The page will be reloaded, and after that you need to create a new routing address on the same page;
7. Here you need to insert two email addresses: routing name (will be displayed as the source address), and the email address (where you will receive the reviews);
8. Scroll further to the Task Settings. Here tick Create Task from Email and choose Open from the dropdown menu. In Case Settings choose Case Origin > Email and click Save;
9. You will be asked to verify your email if you haven’t done it already.
On the AppFollow end
1. Go to your Salesforce account and copy the Email Service Address from the Email-to-Case page;
2. Go to your AppFollow account > Integrations > Add New integration and choose Salesforce;
3. Insert the email address from the Email-to-Case section and choose the rest of the settings:
- “Stars”: allows to receive only reviews with certain amount of stars;
- “Words”: allows to filter reviews with more or less than three words;
- “Auto-translate”: enables translation of reviews to the specified language;
- “Import history”: sends all reviews made within 2 last days into the channel.
4. Click Add Integration. It may take an hour or two before your app’s reviews will start coming to your Salesforce account.
You will see the reviews in the Chatter section.
You will see the number of stars, the app name, the text of the review, and a View Email button.
Setting auto-responses in Salesforce
With the auto-responses in Salesforce replies for the reviews matching the auto-response rule will be posted in the store automatically. To set the auto-response rule you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Setup -> Cases -> Case Auto-Response Rules;
- Create a new Auto-Response Rule with certain criteria.
Examples of the rule criteria and values for the Auto-Response are:
Email message: From Name equals AppFollow
Email message: Subject contains [name of the app]
Email message: Text body contains [number of starts]
Email message: Text body contains Detect language: English
- Select an email template to use for the listed criteria;
- Save the Auto-Response Rule.
I don’t see any review in my Salesforce account:
- Please make sure you chose to get emails through Salesforce, not Office 365 (Salesforce setup, step 3);
- Tick import history while setting up the integration in AppFollow (AppFollow setup, step 3). Or you can edit it afterward;
- Make sure you have verified your routing email. Check your inbox for a verification email;
- Sometimes it takes more than an hour to import previous reviews. You can test the integration by sending a test. It will take a couple of minutes to see it in your Salesforce account.
Need help with settings? Hit the beacon - we're here for you!